Copyright 2018 © All rights Reserved. Design by DrAzman.net
Dr Azman Mohd Noor
- Deputy Chairman, Shariah Board, Al-Rajhi Bank Malaysia
- Shariah Committee Member, Bank Rakyat.
- Chairman, Shariah Committee Am Metlife Family Takaful.
- Member of JAKIM Muamalat Expert Panel
- Member of Fatwa Committee, Mufti Office of Perlis.
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azman bin Mohd Noor is currently Deputy Dean (Academic and Student Affair) of Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia. He was previously the Head of Department, Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia (April 2014-August 2015). He has been lecturing in Islamic Jurisprudence and Islamic Finance at the same department since 2005. He completed his degree in Islamic Law in 1997 at Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia. He did his MA in Islamic Criminal Law in 2000 at University Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia) and another MA in Muamalat (Islamic Law of Transactions) in 2001 at Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, International Islamic University Malaysia. He obtained his Ph.D in Islamic Law in 2005 at University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
His areas of interests include Islamic law of Transactions, Islamic Banking and Capital Market, Takaful and Retakaful, Zakat Management and Calculation. He has been supervising MA and Phd students in the field of Islamic Banking and Capital Market at Department of Fiqh and Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, IIUM since 2006.
- Capital Punishment for Drug Traffickers (Hukuman Mati ke Atas Pengedar Dadah. Bahasa Malaysia); a Comparative Study between Islamic Law and Malaysian Law, published by DBP 2002, 2005.
- An Islamic Pricing Benchmark. ISRA Research Paper (No.17/2010).
- Joint venture in Construction 2, Contract, Governance, Performance and Risk, Kiyoshi Kobayashi, et. All, ICE Publishing, London, 2012. Chapter in a book. “The Application of Build, Operate, Transfer (BOT) Contract as a Mode of Financing in Developing Waqf Land: Malaysian Experience,”
- Pelaksanaan Kanun Jenayah Shariah, Teori dan Realiti, KUIZM Publication 2014, Chapter in a book entitled “Kemampuan Penyelesaian Jenayah: Antara retorika Undang Undang Manusia dengan Shariat Allah”.
- Jenayah Rogol Dalam Undang-Undang Islam. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka 2018.
- Concept and Application of Shariah for the Construction Industry. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Singapore. 2018. Chapter in a book. Hibah Mu’allaqah (Conditional Gift) and Its Application in Takaful.
PROFESSIONAL LECTURE, PRESENTATION AND CONDUCTING TRAININGS
- Conducting a training and consultations on Shariah Compliance Framework organized by Amani Solutions for Maybank staffs at Dataran Maybank, Bangsar 11/07/09.
- In-house RHB Training: “Fundamentals of Shariah”, Wednesday 23 December 2009, RHB Learning Centre, Bangi.
- Shariah Training for Senior Management of Bank Muamalat on 8 December 2009. Speaker and consultant. 31st Floor, Menara Bu mi putra, Bank Muamalat (Head Office), Jalan Melaka, Kuala Lumpur.
- Speaker and Trainer for FSTEP, Bank Negara Malaysia on Shariah Principle 22nd and 24th April 2008, FSTEP, Level 1, Dataran Kewangan Takaful, Jalan Sultan Sulaiman, KL.
- Speaker for “The Challenges to Islamic Finance”. 3rd Intermediate Islamic Finance Course for Financial Regulators 7-12 March 2010, Lanai Kijang, Bank Negara Malaysia.
- “Jurisprudential Issues in Underwriting Takaful Products”. (Power points presentations). Kuala Lumpur Takaful Conference 2009. Fostering the Takaful and Retakaful Industry:Emerging Trends and Key Opportunitie. Organized by IBFIM, 14 December 2009, Nikko Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- “Family Takaful: The Status of Takaful Benefit and Issue of Nomination.” 5th Asian Takaful Conference, 9-10 March 2010, Organized by Asia Insurance Review, Novotel Clarke Quay, Singapore.
- “Islamic Product Documentation: Shariah Compliance or not.”Conference on Contemporary issues in Islamic Home, Personal and Auto Financing. 2th April 2010 (Friday), IIIBF Main Hall, Damansara Campus.
- Speaker for Conference on Contemporary Issues in Islamic Home, Personal and Auto Financing, Friday 2rh April 2010, “Islamic Product Documentations: Shariah Compliance or Not.” Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia.
- Presenter for “Application of Tanazul in Sukuk”, Shariah Adviser’s Workshop: “Shariah Tools and Application-Contemporary Issues and Challenges”, 13 October 2010, Securities Commission Malaysia.
- A discussant for Sheikh Dr. Yusuf al-Shubaily paper on Islamic financial institution intermediary in banking, takaful and capital market. 6th International Shari’ah Scholars Forum (ISSF 2011), organized by ISRA, BNM and IRTI, 30 Nov-1 Dec 2011, Intercontinental hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- A speaker at The World Halal Forum (WHF) 2012, “Halal and Tayyib” session, 2nd April 2012, Kuala Lumpur Konvention Centre, Kuala Lumpur.
- IBFIM Trainer for in-house training program on Philosophy and Fundamentals of Shariah for Islamic Finance on 24-25 March 2012 for Senior Management of Malaysia Building Society Berhad. Mandarin Hotel, KL.
- CERT Trainer on Stock Screening, Venture Capital and Reit’s for Islamic Finance and Investment School 2013 (IFIS Brunei 2013), 21-240 October 2013 CIBFM. University of Brunei, Brunei Darussalam.
- CERT Trainer on Legal Documentation for Islamic Financing, 24th February 2014, Royal Chulan Hotel, Kuala Lumpur.
- CERT Trainer on Structuring Islamic Financial Products, 04-05 May 2014, Royal Chulan Hotel Kuala Lumpur.
- In house trainer at Asian Finance Bank on Mudharabah, Ijarah, Istisna, Tawarruk February, March and April 2014.
- Being one of the panel speakers at ADVANCE FIQH INTERACTIVE FORUM (AFIF 2014) on Thursday 4 September 2014 at Sasana Kijang, organized by International Shariah Research Academy for Islamic Finance (ISRA) in collaboration with Global Islamic Finance Forum (GIFF 2014).
- Discussant for ISRA thematic workshop on Tanazul and its application in Sukuk and Preference shares. The paper was prepared by Dr Shamsiah and Ustaz Badrudin of ISRA, Lanai Kijang, 15th October 2014.
- In house training at OCBC Islamic, on Musharakah and Mudarabah, 17 November 2014.
- Islamic Criminal Laws Discussion Course on Zina, Rape, Drinking alcohol and Apostasy. (Kursus Ulangkaji Fiqh Jenayah Syariah), 1-4 February 2016, Shariah High Court Brunei, Brunei Darussalam.
- Training of Shariah Standards in Islamic Financial Institutions, Jakarta, Indonesia 5th -9th September 2016. Kementerian Keuwanagn Indonesia, IRTI.
- Islamic Criminal Laws Discussion Course on Qisas, Diyyat and Ta‘zir. (Kursus Ulangkaji Fiqh Jenayah Syariah). 17-20 October 2016, Shariah High Court Brunei, Brunei Darussalam.
- Training on Developing Waqf using Sukuk to Cagamas, Cagamas Berhad, the Gardens Residence,Mid Valley City, KL, 27 October 2016